Submit Your Film
The NOLA Horror Film Fest is a festival created by horror filmmakers for horror fans. It’s no small wonder - and no great surprise - that so many of today’s top directors got their start in “low budget horror”. With determination and imagination, these artists have created some truly memorable work that has encouraged and inspired a new generation of filmmakers. Our goal is the promotion of Genre Filmmaking in Louisiana, as well as nationally and internationally. The NOLA Horror Film Fest is committed to celebrating the craft and advancing the art form of Genre Films.
The NOLA Horror Film Fest takes place in one of the most famous - and most haunted - cities in the world. From the Thursday night festivities (Opening Night Screening, Opening Night Party), through four days of the best horror & sci-fi programs (Features & Shorts Screenings, Screenplay Readings, Filmmaker Q&A’s, Panel Discussions, Filmmaker Lunch, Special Guests), to the Sunday night Awards Ceremony, the NOLA Horror Film Fest is going to be a weekend to remember. We encourage filmmakers, casts & crews, friends & family, and horror fans alike to experience New Orleans (from the food to the music to the history).
Even though the festival is called NOLA Horror Film Fest, the NOHFF accepts ALL SUB-GENRES: Horror / Science Fiction / Fantasy / Thriller / Suspense / Psychological / Action / Gothic / Dark Drama / Dark Comedy / Horror Comedy / B-Movie / Campy / Experimental.
Awards & Prizes
Best Feature Film
Best Short Film
Best Visual Effects
Best Makeup Effects
Best Unproduced Screenplay
Rules & Guidelines
By submitting to the NOLA Horror Film Fest through FilmFreeway, Withoutabox or Festhome you are stating that you are the owner of your entry and it is your original work. While we understand that you retain all rights to ownership of the work, you hereby give the NOLA Horror Film Fest permission to feature, advertise, display, in whole or in part, the work titled and described herein, for festival purposes including promotion.
You also understand that you entry is valid only upon completion of the following conditions: (1) receipt of a copy of the work, (2) the processing of the entry fee by the festival organization, and (3) when the work is found to be original and owned by you or those you represent.
Each work is judged solely on its own merits.
- All films MUST BE submitted via ONLINE screener (FilmFreeway, Withoutabox or Festhome). NO PHYSICAL DVDs accepted for submission.
- There is no completion date. The NOHFF accepts films from any year.
- NO Premiere Status required.
- Films can have a distribution deal, but should not be available Online (VOD, NetFlix, etc.) prior to the festival dates.
- Foreign films (in their original language) must be presented with English language subtitles.
- Student film submissions require proof of enrollment. Entries by filmmakers UNDER 18 years of age MUST be submitted by a parent or legal guardian. Student films are ONLY ELIGIBLE for the Best Student Film Award and do not qualify in any other award category.
- All submitted films must be COMPLETE. The NOHFF no longer accepts Work-In-Progress submissions.
Unfortunately, the NOHFF cannot offer submission fee waivers.
SUBMISSIONS MADE IN THE WRONG CATEGORY ARE SUBJECT TO IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION.